FALL PLANNING MEETING: The Bass Club is meeting on Thursday July 10 at 6:30pm to discuss plans for our fall activities.
The Bluff Park United Methodist Church Bass Club reports that it is now a member of the Alabama B.A.S.S Nation. If you are interested in fishing and building bonds of friendship, the Bass Club is a great opportunity!
Allen Word – President
Bradley Word – Treasurer
David Logan – Tournament Director
Waiver & Release – Please print, sign, and turn in to David or Allen before participating in each tournament.
- All tournament rule conflicts will be settled by the tournament director.
- All anglers are to follow all Alabama rules and regulations concerning safety and fishing.
- No live bait and no trolling.
- Blast-off will be determined at the meeting prior to the tournament.
- Each angler is expected to be at the designated launch before the tournament time forlive-well check and prayer.
- All fish must meet the minimum length requirement of the lake.
- A penalty for short fish will be the loss of that fish and your largest fish.
- All fish are subject to scrutiny of the tournament director. You must make the fish measure on the official board of the club, mouth shut and tail opened or closed.
- Only largemouth, spotted and smallmouth bass will be weighed.
- All fish should be alive. BPUMC bass club practices catch and release.
- A dead fish penalty of four ounces per fish will be deducted from your total weight.
- Weigh-in times will be determined at the meeting prior to the tournament.
- Any team not at the weigh-in will/is/or has been disqualified. (should a team have to leave early please let someone know: prior to blast-off, phone call, note on vehicle)
- A penalty of one pound per minute late will be assessed.
- After fifteen minutes the team is disqualified.
Sportsmanship All anglers are expected to conduct themselves in a sporting manner. Please respect the others on the water. All fish are to be caught in a manner of the sport of bass fishing (in the mouth) and cared for. No alcoholic beverages during the tournament. Remember we are a Christian club, please act accordingly.
- All tournament money is to be collected by the tournament director before blast-off.
- Fee is $20.00 per angler, or $40.00 per boat. (cash only)
- Pay-out will be at the end of the tournament.
- Pay-out for big fish is $10.00 per boat.
- Pay-out for teams is one place in four boats.
- Three boats – one place 100%
- Four to seven boats – 1st place 60%, 2nd place 40%
- Eight to eleven boats -0 1st place 50%, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place 20%
Should the need arise; the tournament director reserves the right to change or amend any rule or regulation for the safety of all anglers. All decisions of the tournament director are final!
Membership is open to all who wish to join.
- Each member will pay club dues of $20.00. (to be paid before the first tournament)
- This money will be awarded to the Angler of the Year (50%) and the Largest Fish of the Year (50%).
- Each angler will sign a wavier and release form.
- Partners are expected to work out his/her own expenses equally.
- No more than two anglers per boat.